Saturday, June 02, 2007

Film: Flirting With Disaster (1996)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Flirting With Disaster (Collector's Edition)

"Every marriage is vulnerable, otherwise being married wouldn't mean anything, would it?"

"You got a lot of nerve. You come in here, you lick my wife's armpit. You know... I'm going to have that image in my head for the rest of my life with your tongue in there."
"You deserve it."

Review: This is one of my favorite Ben Stiller movies. He plays a married guy trying to track down his real parents across the country but his adoption agent keeps taking him to the wrong people. The movie gets wackier as it builds up to the climax but it never goes off the rails.

"So, where did you folks come down on the big circumcision controversy? 'Cause you know there's a movement afoot these days to keep the foreskin and personally, I think a boy's penis should look just like his father's. You know?"
"Yeah, mm-hmm. Can I have... the baby?"
"Oh, sure. He's so cute."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: