Tuesday, June 05, 2007

TV: Looney Tunes Golden Collection - Volume 1

DVD: 4 Discs
Looney Tunes - Golden Collection

"Let's run through that again."
"Okay. Would you like to shoot me now, or wait till you get home?"
"Shoot him now. Shoot him now."
"You keep out of this. He doesn't have to shoot you now."
"Ha! That's it! Hold it right there! Pronoun trouble. It's not, he doesn't have to shoot YOU now. It's, he doesn't have to shoot ME now. WELL, I SAY HE DOES HAVE TO SHOOT ME NOW! SO SHOOT ME NOW!"

Review: What can I say about these classic cartoons? Chuck Jones and Fritz Freeleng created some amazing shorts that stand the test of time.

Robert McKimson's cartoons in this collection are mostly unwatchable. There was only one that was decent. They are easily skippable, but I took away half a star for them in the rating of these DVDs.

"Stop steaming up my tail! What are you trying to do, wrinkle it? Let's see now, Coachella Valley. Then to Las Vegas, San Bernardino..."
WHAMMM!!!!
"Of course, you realize this means war."

"All right, enough is enough. This is the final, the very, very last straw! WHO IS responsible for this? I DEMAND YOU THAT YOU SHOW YOURSELF! WHO ARE YOU!"
"Ain't I a stinker?"

"I paid my four bits to see the high-diving act and I'm a-gonna see the high diving act!"
"Well, you see friend, the fellow that..."
"Oh yeah? Well, someone is going to do that high-diving act! And that someone's a-gonna be you!"
"Me? Oh no, Doc, not me. You see, I'm scared of high places. I get dizzy spells. Goose bumps on my goose bumps."
"Oh yeah!" BANG BANG BANG
"Well, you talked me into it."

"Boo! Boo! Boo! The Gas House Gorillas are a bunch of dirty players. Why, I could lick them in a ballgame with one hand tied behind my back. All by myself. Yeah! I'd get up there and WHAM! A HOMER! WHAM! ANOTHER HOMER! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHA... Eh, what's up, Doc?"
"All right, big shot. So you think you can beat us all by yourself? Well, you got yourself a game."

"I am ze bankrupt!"
"Le meow. Le purr."
"Ah, Le pussy ferocious! Remove that skunk, that polecat from the premises! Avec!"

"Oh, wait till I get that rabbit."
"What would you want with a rabbit? Can't you see that I'm... much... sweeter? I'm... your... little... senorita. You are my type of guy, let me straighten your tie. And I... shall dance... for you."

"The world's supply of illudium fosdex, the shaving cream atom, is alarming low. Now, we have reason to believe that the only remaining source is on Planet X. Somewhere in this area."
"And you want me to find Planet X, is that it?"
"Can you do it, Dodgers?"
"Oh, indubitably, sir. Because there's no one knows his way around outer space like, DUCK DODGERS IN THE 24TH AND A HALF CENTURY!"

"I thought I saw a puddy cat. I thought I saw another puddy cat. Hey, I'm surrounded by puddy cats."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: