Tuesday, June 05, 2007

TV: Looney Tunes Golden Collection - Volume 2

DVD: 4 Discs
Looney Tunes - Golden Collection, Volume Two

Review: This second collection of Warner Bros. cartoons is top notch. The first disc contains mostly Bugs Bunny cartoons while the 2nd is filled with Road Runner shorts. The 3rd disc's theme is Sylvester and Tweety Bird. The last disc is unique. It is a mix of shorts with many different characters but they have a musical theme. Some of these last group are great but not all of them are to my taste.

Quotes:
"It's about time for me to employ a little stragety."

"The rabbits are coming. Hurray, hurray. / The rabbits are coming. Hurray, Hurray. / The rabbits are coming. Hurray, hurray."
"Zillions and trillions of rabbits! Where are they all coming from?"
"From me, Doc. I'm multiplying, see? I'm multiplying... Let see, what can I do to this guy next? Oh, no! It's too gruesome! But I'll do it."

"Hey, you turtle. Come out of there! Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in... Uh, sorry. Pardon me. Wrong story."

"Oh, the poor puddy tat had an accident. The poor puddy tat's parachute didn't open."

"I now present an act that no other performer has ever dared to execute. In fairness, I must warn those with weak constitutions to leave the theater for this performance... Lights. Thank you... Some appropriate music, maestro. Thank you... First, I drink a generous portion of gasoline. Then some nitroglycerin. A goodly amount of gunpowder. Some Uranium 238. Shake well. Strike an ordinary match... Girls, you better hold on to your boyfriends. Swallow the match so."
BAM!!!!
"That's terrific, Daffy! They loved it. They want more."
"I know, I know. But I can only do it once."

"Yosemite Sam, the roughest, toughest he-man stuffiest hombre who's ever crossed the Rio Grande. And I ain't no mamby-pamby. Now be there any livin varmint who aims to try and tame me? Well, be there?"
"I aim's ta."

"Come on out, or I'll blow your head off."
"Drop that gun, son. You're not blasting at no ordinary, everyday, meat-on-the-table duck! I'm gifted. I'm just sloping over with talent. I can sing. I can dance. And I am an actor. I got a contract with Warner Brothers!"

"I'm a wee little birdy trapped high in a tree. / I wonder if puddy will ever catch me. / I'm hardly a mouthful. / I really can't see. / What puddy would want with poor little me. / I really mean it. / What puddy tat would want with meeeee?"

"We do this kind of stuff to him all through the picture."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: