Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Film: Edge of Tomorrow (2014) Live Die Repeat

Blu-Ray


Review: This is another great Tom Cruise movie directed by the always reliable Doug Limon. This sci-fi war film combines the repeating elements of Groundhog Day and videos games to tell the story of a un-experienced coward becoming a war hero by reliving the same battle over and over again every time he dies. The practical effects of the battle suit are very well done.

Quotes:
"Griff, I want you to take care of Private Cage."
"What, all day long?"
"Something tells me it won't be that long."

"I'm hit, I'm hit. How bad is it?"
"You've got a hole in your chest."
"Did you just take my... battery, battery pack?"

"Come on! This ship is going to explode! What are you doing?"
"Find me when you wake up."
"What?"
"Come find me when you wake up..."

"I think I broke something..."
"What?"
"My back. The only thing I can feel are my lips."
"Now listen carefully. This is a very important rule. This is the only rule. You get injured on the field, you better make sure you die."
"Why?"
"Last time I was in combat, I was hit. I was bleeding out, just not fast enough. I woke up in a field hospital with three pints of someone else's blood and I was out. I lost the power, do you understand? Think we better start over, don't you?"

"Stop! Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Stop! Wait a second! You know, I've been thinking. I mean, this thing's in my blood. So maybe's there's some way I can transfer it to you."
"I've tried everything. It doesn't work."
"I mean, have you... you know... tried all the options?"
"Oh, you mean sex. Yep. I tried it."
"How many times?"

"If it's all the same to you, I'm tired, I'm in pain. I'd rather just start fresh."
"Tell you what. Take a few minutes. Coffee's ready. I'll look around for the keys. That's productive."
"Ten minutes."
"Okay."
"And then I'm killing you."
"Fine."

"What do we do now?"
"I don't know. We've never gotten this far."

"Why would we follow him into combat?"
"I don't expect you to follow me. I expect you to follow her."
"That's the Full Metal Bitch."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: