Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Film: 3:10 to Yuma (2007)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


Review: This is a fun Western about a broke rancher who agrees to help transport a notorious stage coach robber to the 3:10 train to Yuma prison. I enjoyed the verbal battle of wits between Christian Bale and Russell Crowe as the former struggles to fulfill his duty while being tracked down by Crowe's outlaw gang.

Quotes:
"Mornin."
"Those are my cattle. I want them back."
"Careful, rancher, that's Ben Wade you're talking to."
"Well, I need them back. They're all I got."
"I don't need your cattle. But I will be needin' them horses. So you don't go doing nothing... foolish. You'll find them on the road to Bisbee."

"Name's Charlie Prince. I expect you heard of me."
"Well, I heard of a balled-up whore named Charlie Princess. That you, missy?"

"You look a little bent, rancher. You come to wake some snakes? You got your horses back, didn't you? And your cattle?"
"Yeah, I got my horses back. But you killed two of my herd."
"Well, they died for a good cause. You know them beeves of yours, they wouldn't have even fed a hungry dog. I tell you what. How much do you get for a day's work?"
"$2 when I hire out."
"Well, there's $2 for a half a day."
"You took up my boys' time, too."
"You're right, I did. Anything else you wanna get paid for, Dan?"
"You can give me $5 extra."
"And what's that for?"
"For making me nervous."

"I was best shot in my regiment. I'll come... for $200."
"You fight for the North or the South?"
"North."
"We're Southern in name, but Chicago owned. Fine. $200. Let's go."

"What are you doing out, Dan? You got a family to protect. You're not a lawman. You don't work for the railroad like Mr. Shiny Shoes over there. Your not a Pinkerton."
"Maybe I don't like the idea of men like you on the loose."
"It's a man's nature to take what he wants, Dan. That's how we're born."
"Well, I make an honest living."
"It might be honest but I don't think it's much of a living. You must be hurting bad to take this job."

"Why'd you kill Tucker? Why not me? Or Butterfield?"
"Well, Tucker took my horse. Did you like him, Dan?"
"No."
"He told me he burnt down your barn."
"He was an asshole... but wishing him dead and killing him are two different things."
"Your conscience is sensitive, Dan. I don't think it's my favorite part of you."

"What's the quickest way out of the pass? He'll be looking for help to get his cuffs off."
"We're going after him?"
"Well, there ain't no reward for getting him halfway to that train, is there?"

"Would you do me a favor? Don't talk to me for awhile."
"You mean we're still not friends?"
"No. No, we're not."
"Come five minutes to three, we're gonna be a lot closer than you think."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: