Monday, June 11, 2007

TV: Lost - 5th Season

DVD: 5 Discs - Widescreen Anamorphic
Lost: The Complete Fifth Season

"Great! So when are we now, whiz kid?"
"We're either in the past... or we're in the future."

Review: I was a little disappointed at times watching this season, but watching it again on DVD I don't understand what my problem was. It is still great. I enjoyed the time traveling aspect of the show during the beginning of the season and the build-up to the exciting season finale.

"Awesome. Want a fry?"
"No, thank you."
"You know, maybe if you ate more comfort food, you wouldn't go around shooting people."

"How did you know Richard would be here?"
"Richard's always been here."
"How old is he?"
"Old."

"Kate, if we're going to be safe. If we're going to protect the people that we left behind, tomorrow morning I have to convince everyone to lie. If it's just me, they're never gonna go for it. So I'm going to turn to you first. Are you with me?"
"I have always been with you."

"Why'd you turn us around, then? Don't you want to go back there?"
"Why would I want to do that?"
"So you could tell yourself to do things different. Save yourself pain."
"No, I needed that pain to get to where I am now."

"Paddle harder!!! They're getting closer!" [Flash begins] "Thank you, Lord!" [Flash ends in a thunderstorm.] "I take that back!"
"Everyone paddle. Head for the shore."

"Where ever you are, John, you must be laughing your ass off that I'm actually doing this. Because this... This is even crazier than you were."

"You don't think it means something? That somehow... we're all back together?"
"We're on the same plane, Jack. That doesn't make us together."

"It doesn't matter what we do. Whatever happened, happened."
"Yeah, thanks anyway, Plato. I'm going over there."

"I am going to leave."
"You do realize it's 1974. Whatever it is you think you're going back to... It doesn't exist yet."
"That's not a reason not to go."
"Well, what about me? Your going to leave me here with the mad scientist and Mr. 'I Speak to Dead People'? And Jin, who's a hell of a nice guy, but not the greatest conversationalist."
"You'll be fine."
"Maybe... But who's gonna get my back?"

"When we were here before, I spent all of my time trying to fix things. But did you ever think that maybe the island just wants to fix itself? That maybe I was just... getting in the way."
"You know, I don't like the new you. I like the old you... who wouldn't sit around and wait for things to happen."
"You didn't like the old me, Kate."

"So you knew this would happen to Locke if we brought him back here?"
"Sun, I had no idea it would happen. I've seen this island do miraculous things. I've seen it heal the sick. But never once has it done anything like this. Dead is dead. You don't get to come back from that. Not even here. So the fact that John Locke is walking around this island scares the living hell out of me."

"Didn't think you'd come."
"Well, if this works, you might just save us all. And if it doesn't? At least you'll put us out of our misery."

"I'm starting to think John Locke is going to be trouble."
"Why do you think I tried to kill him?"

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: