Friday, February 16, 2007

Film: A History of Violence (2005)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
A History of Violence

"I know that my husband is Tom Stall, that's what I know."
"Yeah? Why don't you ask 'Tom' about his older brother Ritchie, ask 'Tom' how he tried to rip my eye out with barbed wire, and ask him, Edie, how come he's so good at killing people."

Review: I think this is one of the best movies of 2005. It is a well done character-study mixed with good action sequences. Viggio and Maria were great as the husband and wife who's relationship is flipped upside down by revelations from the past. The only character that I thought was below average was the son who's actions seemed to belong to another movie.

"Any last words before I blow your brains out, you miserable prick?"
"I shoulda killed you back in Philly."
"Yeah, Joey, you should have."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: