Thursday, February 15, 2007

Film: Joe Versus the Volcano (1990)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Joe Versus the Volcano

"Have you thought much about luggage, Mr. Banks?"
"No."
"It's the central preoccupation of my life."

Review: This was a movie that I loved but got bad reviews when it first came out. I think over time a lot of people have recognized it's greatness and humor. This movie reminds me alot of "L.A. Story" with Steve Martin.

Favorite Scene: Buying the Luggage.

"Would you like to hear one of my poems?"
"Sure."
"Long ago, the delicate tangles of his hair, covered the emptiness of my hand... Would you like to hear it again?"
"Ok."

"I love you!"
"I love you, too! I've never been in love with anybody before, either! IT'S GREAT! I'M GLAD! But the timing stinks... I've gotta go."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: