Thursday, February 15, 2007

Film: L.A. Story (1991)

DVD: Non-Anamorphic (also HDX on Vudu)
L.A. Story

"Why is it that we don't always recognize the moment when love begins but we always know when it ends?"

Review: This is Steve Martin's last great movie in my opinion until he found some of his old magic briefly with "Bowfinger". The soundtrack with Enya was great and Sarah Jessica Parker who I am not normally a fan of was cute. The movie is a cross between slapstick and the surreal.

"Your... your breasts feel weird."
"Oh, that's 'cause they're real."

"Ordinarily, I don't like to be around interesting people because it means I have to be interesting too."
"Are you saying I'm interesting?"
"All I'm saying is that, when I'm around you, I find myself showing off, which is the idiot's version of being interesting."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: