Monday, February 12, 2007

Film: In the Name of the Father (1993)

DVD: Anamorphic
In the Name of the Father

"What I remember most about my childhood is holding your hand. My wee hand in your big hand, and the smell of tobacco. I remember, I could smell the tobacco in the palm of your hand. When I want to feel happy, I try to remember the smell of tobacco."

Review: This movie is about innocent people sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit, but it is really about the healing of an estranged relationship between the father and son sharing the same cell. The accents are tough to follow some times, but the acting is outstanding.

"I want to tell them that until my father is proved innocent, until all the people involved in this case are proved innocent, until the guilty ones are brought to justice, I will fight on. In the name of my father and of the truth!"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: