Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Film: Heat (1995)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Heat

"I'm alone, I am not lonely."

Review: This is one of the most intense cops and robbers movie ever made. What makes it so special is that you respect the cop and thief almost exactly the same amount and it makes their meeting at the coffee shop all the more intense. A great esemble cast fills in around them with a great shoot out in downtown LA as icing on the cake.

"A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Now, if you're on me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage?"

"I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it because I need it. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: