Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Film: Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

DVD: Anamorphic
Hot Shots! Part Deux

"They've dicked with the wrong dictator!"

"I can kill again! You've given me a reason to live!"

Review: While the first Hot Shots was a slapstick version of Top Gun, this sequel is an even greater spoof of the Rambo movies, specifically the III. It takes intelligence to make a great slapstick movie and this one has it.

"I remember that day as if it were yesterday. The exhilaration of experimenting, sharing something so new, so dangerous, so intimate."
"And I'll never forget the look on your face. The way the sweat glistened on your hard body. Then you tied my ankles. Tighter. Tighter. But it just wasn't right. It wasn't natural. Bungee-jumping is just too dangerous a sport."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: