Monday, February 12, 2007

Film: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Special Edition)

"Dr. Jones. Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away."

Review: This is the seminal adventure movie that everyone tries to top and has so far failed. What is great about this movie is it's sense of realism even among so many unbelievable occurances. It makes you believe that the ark is still sitting in some government storehouse. I am not afraid to say that I owned a whip after seeing this movie as a kid.

Favorite Scene: Shooting the swordsman.

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
"Asps. Very dangerous. You go first."

"You can't do this to me, I'm an AMERICAN."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: