Thursday, February 01, 2007

Film: Harlem Nights (1989)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Harlem Nights

"I've got a girl who's pussy is so good, if you threw it up in the air it would turn into sunshine."

Review: The movie was critically bashed when it came out but I saw it twice in the theater. It is a nice cross between a serious 30's gangster film and hilarious verbal comedy. Danny Aiello was great as the asshole crooked cop and Redd Foxx & Della Reese stole scenes whenever they were on the screen. To steal scenes from Eddie Murphy & the great Richard Pryor is saying something.

"Benny, you put this orange juice back in here, ain't nothin' left but a swallow!"
"Then swallow it and shut the fuck up!"

"I'm warnin' ya, put that razor away, or I'm gonna shoot your pinky toe off!"
"Oh! Now your gonna shoot me in my pinky toe."
"Bitch, I'm not playin'. You gonna be the nine-toe havingest, limpin'est bitch in Harlem if you don't put that razor away!"

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: