Thursday, February 01, 2007

Film: Groundhog Day (1993)

DVD: Anamorphic
Groundhog Day (Special Edition)

"Excuse me, where is everyone going?"
"To Gobbler's Knob. It's Groundhog Day."
"It's still just once a year, right?"

Review: This is a comedy that cracks you up but also make you think. This is one of Bill Murray's best roles ever. It is amazing how they can replay the same scene over and over and still keep you interested. Bill Murray needs to hook up with Harold Ramis for another movie.

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. THAT was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over..."

"What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?"
"That about sums it up for me."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: