Monday, July 16, 2007

TV: Coach - 2nd Season

DVD: 2 Discs
Coach - The Second Season

"If it'll make you mad, I won't go."
"It's not going to make me mad if you and Christine want to go to some boring Art Gallery with a bunch of stupid people, be my guest. MAD? That doesn't make me mad."
"That's good enough for me."

Review: There is a big jump in quality the second season as the writers and actors settle into their characters. Some of my favorite episodes from this season are 'Dauber's Got a Girl', 'If a Coach falls in the Woods', 'Coaches Conference' & 'Homewreckers'.

"You're feeling pretty proud of yourself, aren't you. You've controlled everybody's life."
"I don't want to control people's lives. If they did things right, I wouldn't have to. I mean it's like I told the guy at the rib joint after I made him open up again, I am just a humble dad trying to do the best job I can."

"Dad! I can't believe I come here for support and you're trivializing my life."
"Oh, honey, I'm not trivializing your little life. I'm just trying to get you lovebirds back together again."

"I'm calling Kelly and getting her over here and putting an end to this stupid fight once and for all. Those two aren't mature enough to be dating, let alone mating. Kelly, this is your father. Now, don't hang up... Well, that's my fault. I gave her the idea."

"Well, I guess I made my point. She knows I was mad. She knows she was wrong. She's sorry."
"That a boy. I knew you couldn't stay mad forever."
"Well I like to think I can... but I can't."

"What I would like us to do is to sit down like two mature adults, discuss this openly and honestly in a calm and rational manner. If you think you can do that, I'm all for it."
"Well, you know I can't do that."

"Oh, man, I'm so glad you made me teach that class. Because I really learned something about Hayden Fox, you know. There's no challenge I can't meet, and no mountain I can't climb. There's just no ocean I can't swim. I just love that about myself."
"How do you distinguish that from all the other things you love about yourself?"
"Well, it's just the most recent thing, that's all."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: