Monday, July 09, 2007

Film: Clue (1985)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Clue

"And are you the host?
"Me, sir? No, I'm just the humble butler."
"And what exactly is it you do here?"
"I buttle, sir."

Review: It is surprising how good a movie based on a board game can be. Tim Curry is great as the Butler, the catalyst who stirs the pot of six strangers invited to a dinner party by a mysterious host. The movie is a very watchable comedy-mystery as the strong ensemble cast runs around a giant house trying to solve a murder.

"But this is ridiculous. If he were such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
"He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money off of it. What could be more American than that?"

"They all did it. But if you wanna know who killed Mr. Boddy, I did. In the hall. With the revolver. All right, Chief, take'em away. I'm gonna go home and sleep with my wife."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: