Monday, July 16, 2007

TV: Coach - 3rd Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Coach: The Third Season

"Thank you all so much for coming out today. You know, I prayed long and hard about my decision to come to Minnesota State. I had offers at a lot of other schools, but a voice kept telling me, Go to Minnesota State. Go to Minnesota State. Heck, Coach Fox must've called me three times a day for a year."
"I did, too."

Review: Another great season of the show with the main story arc of Hayden reluctantly getting engaged to Christine. Some of the best episodes are 'Men Don't Heal', 'Dauber Graduates' & 'Diamonds Are a Dentist's Best Friend'.

"I thought there'd be a receptionist or something."
"No. I don't believe in unnecessary frills. My feeling is, people hate going to the dentist. Why make it a costly AND painful experience? At Art Hibke's, it's only painful. Have a seat."

"You really are my hero."
"Hey, you know, the best thing is I'm not doing this for points or anything. It's just coming naturally."

"Heyden, it's one little hour. She'll never know you're gone."
"You know what's really bothering me here is I never asked for this Great Guy label anyway. I mean, Christine just painted me into a corner and now I can't go out and have a fun time. I got this Great Guy noose around my neck."
"So what are you going to do."
"I don't know. What's right, what's wrong? What's great, what's sneaky? You know what would really help? If I could just get out of here for an hour and just clear my head. C'mon lets go!"

"You're really in pain over Christine, aren't you?"
"Yeah, yeah."
"I didn't realize you were this tormented. I'm really surprised. I thought you were the kinda of person who was never touched by anything. I figured you just lumbered through life without any sensitivity or caring or involvement."
"Well, I've always tried to do that."

"What'd she say?"
"Basically, she said, 'It's all over, Hayden. I'm gonna get my phone number and put it on the wall of every men's room in Minneapolis.'"
"That doesn't sound like Christine."
"I'm paraphrasing, Dauber. That was the gist of it."

"Can you believe it? I graduated!"
"You graduated? Dauber, that's fantastic! How'd that happened?"
"I don't know. After eight years, it just snuck up on me."
"That's terrific, Dauber. What's your degree in?"
"I was so excited I didn't even look... WOW! I'm a triple major! I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education, Business Administration and... Forestry."

"You've made me the happiest person in the world."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa... Coaching staff's not really into hugging, Lenny."
"I'm sorry, sir. Could I at least slap you on the butt?"
"How about just a handshake and we'll work our way down, huh?"

"I don't know how I could leave them behind and still enjoy myself."
"I'd still enjoy myself."
"Not if I'm not enjoying myself."
"I just don't feel like I have any control of my life anymore."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: