Monday, July 16, 2007

Film: The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)

DVD: Anamorphic
The Spy Who Loved Me

"But James, I need you!"
"So does England."

"Which bullet has my name on it? The first or the last?"
"I have never failed on a mission, Commander. Any mission."
"In that case, Major, one of us is bound to end up gravely disappointed, because neither have I."

Review: Roger Moore is my favorite Bond, probably because he is the first one I saw in the role. He does a decent job with the action, but I really like the easy charm he brings to the smarmy dialogue that is required of a Bond Character. This is the best of Roger Moore's Bond movies. It has a nice plot and cool gadgets including the underwater Lotus Esprit that drives out of the ocean right onto the beach. The indestructible Jaws is my favorite Bond villain.

"Bond! What do you think you're doing?"
"Keeping the British end up, sir."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: