Friday, July 20, 2007

TV: Married... with Children - 6th Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Married with Children - The Complete Sixth Season

"Honey, guess what? I'm pregnant too! Oh Al, hold me."
"How far along are you?"
"Five months... Well Al, didn't you notice I was getting fat."
"Well, yeah."

Review: This season is a mixed bag. For every great episode like "If Al Had a Hammer" or "Rites of Passage", there is a bad or boring one like "Psychic Avengers". I liked the pregnant Peggy storyline, but the show's chemistry suffered when she was missing for several episodes. Kelly got a little too dumb this year and Bud's Grandmaster B character was hit or miss. The first half of the season was better as the quality declined as the year progressed. Steve's return cameo for one episode was fun.

"The gods must be on a roll, huh? Must be playing another round of, Can You Top This? One started out, let's make him a shoe salesman. Another one said, let's give him a redhead. Another one, probably a cruel, hungover god said, I know, I know, let's have him not eat, yet not starve."

"My Dad had one great dream and that dream was handed down from generation to generation of male Bundys... to build their own room and live separately from their wives. Sadly, they all failed."

"Now wait a second. My pretty teenage daughter, with the brain of a fruit fly, earned a thousand dollars in three nights. Should I be worried? Nah..."

"Everyday at three o'clock I see this girl that works down at the aerobics shop. You know, she flirts with me. I flirt with her. It's nothing, but it gets you through the day. Anyway, I always thought she was pretty, but today I saw her. She's forty. Forty! I mean, she's old."
"But Dad, you're over forty."
"Yeah, but I'm a guy so it's totally different. No, I mean, I can't believe it. She's not a girl, she's a woman."
"Well, did she like your new glasses?"
"What the hell do I care what a forty-year old women thinks."

"God! It is disgusting what a women in a short skirt can do to a man."

'Gee, Kelly, it's seven o'clock. Shouldn't you be cuffed to a radiator by now?"

"Yes, the Nudie Bar."
"Where the music stinks and they water the drinks, the Nudie Bar."
"Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the Nudie Bar."
"Where you see their butt and their trap stays shut, at the Nudie Bar."

"The Nudie Bar."
"Where you can't touch a breast but you can cave in a chest."
"At the Nudie Bar."
"Where you can look at a thigh and blacken an eye."
"At the Nudie Bar."
"Where the beer gives you gas but the Bundys kick ass."
"AT THE NUDIE BAR!"

"You just flash that badge at some registered voter, Buddy. We're Bundys, we hate cops."

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: