Friday, July 20, 2007

TV: Ned and Stacey - 1st Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Ned and Stacey - The Complete First Season

"Ned, I need a place to live. As sick and twisted as this arrangement is, I have no other choice, I'm desperate!"
"Works for me!! Here's the laundry room key, front door key, and an engagement ring... Oh, don't lose that laundry room key!"

Review: The first season of this show was amazing, but the second season it fell off the cliff when they moved the center of the show to a muffin shop. A MUFFIN SHOP?!! I think the show had a great concept, sticking two people who hate each other in a marriage of convenience, but maybe it could only hold one season's arc worth of shows before it ran out of fresh angles.

"Funny, I don't remember posing for that."
"No, No... I actually got a painter friend of mine to touch up a painting of a Scottish nobleman with his hunting dog... He had a hell of a time getting the duck out of your mouth."

"Come on I wasn't that rough, besides you look like a strong guy, you can take it."
"Damn, my Marlboro Man exterior."

"You know, Ned, I think I might have a real problem with this."
"Oh yeah, what might that be?"
"I don't know exactly, but it's something... something."
"Can you be a little more vague?"

"Everybody, this is Clay Maxwell. Clay is new at the agency. Clay, I think you know Eric Moyer and this is his East German weight-lifting bride, Masculina."
"And who might this lovely lady be?"
"She might just be the best damn thing that's ever happened to me, but she's not. She's my wife."

"I need to have sex!"
"Well, don't look at me."
"I wasn't looking at you. I was looking at Mrs. Butterworth. And might I say, she's looking damn busty this morning."

"So what's bothering you?"
"Oh it's Stacey, she's not talking to me."
"Just last week you said you would give your left..."
"Hey, Hey! I know what I said, but now that it's happening... Dammit, I miss the sound of her voice. I tried putting silverware down the disposal, but it just wasn't the same."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: