Friday, July 20, 2007

TV: Married... with Children - 5th Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Married with Children - The Complete Fifth Season

"Hi, Honey. Did you miss me?"
"With every bullet so far."

Review: This is the last great season but it had two really bad episodes, Buck's "Look Who's Barking" & the spin-off "Top of the Heap". The season is missing a bit of fun with Steve gone, but it allows some humor with Marcy's single hood in till she marries Jefferson near the end of the year. "All Night Security Dude" & "You Better Shop Around" are classic episodes.

"I wonder what Psycho Dad would do in a case like this?"

"So how was your day, Sweetie?"
"Oh, just fine. Just me, cruisin around listening to the oldies channel at 1500 watts. Made a lot of new friends. Take Officer Lewis, for example. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear his siren at first, but luckily police cars are now equipped with rammers that gently eased me into the rail. Luckily, the cop liked oldies, so he beat with his night stick to the tune of 'Hey, Jude'. Then he wrote me up eighteen tickets, including the one for bleeding on his pad. How was your day?"

"Oh, it's too bad SOME men don't know how to give up their sports gracefully instead of lingering on like big babies."
"Yeah, doggone it, if only we could be comfortable with our age like you darn gals. You know, in the morning you go into the bathroom, a little blush, a little mascara. Wa La, you got an old women scared of rain... Then you try to clean-and-jerk your breasts into a bra. Ease some exercise pants over that front and back belly and go down to the market and flirt with the bag boy. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's just pretty pathetic when we guys try to hang onto our youth."

"Look, I don't care what you're doing with my wife. But you've got a good man at home that any man would be proud to call his wife. He cooks. He cleans. He works. You've obviously gotten over that little, he's a man, thing. So what else do you want from the poor guy? Now I'm the one that autta be going out at night. I'm married to that over there. But you, you autta be home with a man who can bake a potato like nobodies business."
"You had Pete's potato?"
"I did! Now you go home and tell your wife you love her."
"Your right, Al. And if you don't mind my saying so, you should go tell your wife you love her."
"Mind your own business."

"Oh, Bud. I came, I saw, I bounced. Today the Allante girl, tomorrow, slut in a Bon Jovi video."
"Reach for those stars, eh, Kel."

"Daddy, you don't understand."
"Oh, I understand. Old guy, young girl, fancy apartment, cold cuts like there's no tomorrow. I know what's going on. I'm so upset I can hardly eat this sandwich."

"Look at it, Peg. The Bundy Empire. Tomorrow we make delivery and we pick up a check for 20,000 dollars."
"Oh, Al!"
"What's wrong, Peg?"
"Nothing, but I think I just had my first real orgasm."

"Aaah. At last, Single... with TV."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: