Monday, July 16, 2007

TV: Coach - 4th Season (1991-1992)

DVD: 3 Discs


Review: Still going strong in season four. This is a sitcom but Coach also exceled with dramatic moments. There are several well-written and well-acted scenes of intense, shouting arguments without a trace of humor. This is the year that the football teams starts to play well and makes it to the Pineapple Bowl.

Quotes:
"I don't care how good people think we're gonna be, I care about how good we are. And the only way we're gonna find out about that is after we play eleven bone-crushing, bloody, well-executed games. Until then, I don't give a damn about the rankings! And there'd better not be anybody on this TEAM who feels any differently!"
"THE RANKINGS ARE IN! THE RANKINGS ARE IN! OH, MY GOD, THE RANKINGS ARE IN!"
"LUTHER!"
"What?"
"We don't give a damn about the RANKINGS!"
"We don't?"

"I hate them."
"Oh, Hayden."
"You always tell me to be honest."
"How about mixing honesty with a little sensitivity and tact?"
"You just keep making up the rules, don't you?"

"I can't believe you are walking out, Christine."
"Oh, you should be thankful. See, you one of the great things about not being married yet is that I can go back to my house and you can go back to yours and we can cool off. If we were already married, I would have to stay here and fight this out with you and you are not ready for that, believe me."
"Wait a sec. Is that a threat?"
"Oh! You bet it is. Because if you ever do anything like this after we are married, I will reach a level of anger, heretofore unconceived of by married man!"
"Boy, oh, boy, get the minister! You're making it sound real good, Christine! God, I can hardly wait to get married again!"

"I'm not letting this go, Hayden. Why don't you like me?"
"Why the hell do you care so much? I mean, what is it about people, they want everybody to like them? A lot of people don't like me. I don't give a damn. And I've got to tell you, Barb, there is a lot of freedom in that."

"What are you talking about? What's going on?"
"Ah, oh boy. Listen, if I tell you, you promise not to blame me?"
"What did you do?!"
"There's a lot of blame in that question, Christine."

"I can't sit around here and watch a women being treated that way. I don't know, maybe I could have a couple years ago, but thanks to you, sweetheart, I'm just too darned sensitive now."

"I think you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. Sex has changed a lot since the last time you had it."
"Boy, I don't know. It seemed the same to me."
"I'm talking about people's attitudes. You know, women feel a lot different about sex these days. It's no longer this romantic, magical-thing for them anymore. I mean, it can be just as meaningless for them now as it is for us."

"What are you so nervous about?"
"I just think when you're replacing something as big as your entire heating system it makes sense to have professionals up there."
"You're missing the point here, Christine. Men get a great deal of satisfaction out of doing a job they're not qualified to do without the help of trained professionals."

"I am 21. I can take care of myself!"
"But you can't take care of yourself, Kelly. I pay your rent, I pay for your school, I pay for your car. I even paid for your divorce!"
"But you offered all that! I never would've have taken it if I'd known you were going to hold it over my head."
"See, that proves you're not an adult. An adult would have known it was going to be held over their head."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars.

No comments: