Friday, July 20, 2007

TV: Married... with Children - 2nd Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Married with Children - The Complete Second Season

"Peg, just stand there and age. I'm busy."

Review: The second season is where Married with Children abandoned any traces of normal sitcom sentimentality and evolved into the show we all know and love. Watching Al using Peg as a shield to escape the serial killers axe-swings announced it loud and clear. Earth Angel was my favorite of this season's episodes.

"I want you to fix the back fence."
"Wait a second, Peg. Why should I have to fix it? It wasn't me who said let's get a picture of your mother leaning against up the fence. It wasn't meant to support a 200 pound women with a keg under each arm."
"It made a nice picture, Al."

"If they tried to charge Thomas Jefferson 80 dollars for a call he didn't make, the Boston Harbor would have been full of phones and all the local women would have been swimming around down there and, uh, we wouldn't have had to hang em as witches."
"So you're kinda like Thomas Jefferson?"
"That I am, Bud."
"Then why do they call him a great man and they call you Butthead?"
"Well, if that's the new word for patriot, so be it."

"Dad, is there anything we can say to make you change your mind? You know like, we love you. Or would you see right through that?"
"I would."

"So, you're finally getting your license, huh? You're gonna love it, Kelly. Driving gives you real independence."
"Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, I was really getting sick of that 'put out or get out' stuff, you know?"
"Yes, that too."

"Did you hear Steve and Marcy fight last night, kids?"
"I'll tell you this. When I get married, my wife is not going to tell me where to shave."
"Nah, she'll just be going, BAAAAA."
"Sure, everybody makes fun of me because I'm the only virgin in the house... Oops."
"He's lying, Dad."
"NAAAAA."

"Don't pull that upset stomach routine with me, Al. Come out here and tell me you love me... Are you going to tell me or not?"
"Okay, Peg, I'm going to say it. But before I say it, I want to tell you I really hate you for this. I don't want to do it. I'm unhappy. My stomach is boiling, my palms are sweating, and if you think you're getting a jump after this, you're sadly mistaken."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: