Friday, July 20, 2007

TV: Married... with Children - 1st Season

DVD: 2 Discs
Married with Children - The Complete First Season

"Hey, you know another thing that makes women such a blessing to us. It's like when your sitting somewhere and they come over and say to ya, 'What are you thinking?', and you start thinking, 'You know, if I wanted you to know, I'd be talking."

Review: The first short season of Married with Children is good but it is much slower paced and not as laugh-out-loud funny as later seasons. In the first season, the Bundy's were more normal and dealt with more realistic situations.

"I don't care what your little ruler says, I been a Seven ever since I graduated from High School."
"Well, these are Sevens. The box says Nine, because, well, uh... Look, Lady, you're a Nine. I can accept it. Why can't you?"
"YOU'RE VERY FRESH!"
"No ma'am, that's impossible. Because for the last hour I've been trying to squeeze your foot into a shoe when I really should have been easing them into the box. So I would say I'm everything but fresh."
"Your ad says Courteous Service."
"That's not my ad, Ma'am. That's the former owner's. He was killed tragically on this very spot when a size Nine exploded in his face."

"Gee, what is it that he is really wanting?"
"That blonde down the street."
"Did he tell you that?"
"No, I just assumed it by the way he bites his fist whenever he drives by her house."

"Steve, you're the biggest idiot I've ever met. You got me into this, the entire weekend alone with my wife."
"Al, why don't you just go? Relax. Enjoy yourself."
"Steve, look out in the kitchen there. You see that redhead? Try to picture her in heat."
"I'm sorry, Al."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: