Saturday, July 21, 2007

Film: Against All Odds (1984)

DVD: Anamorphic
Against All Odds [Region 2]

"Can't anyone love me without it being life or death to them?"
"You know, most people are afraid they're never gonna be loved like that."

Review: This is a movie that confuses my ability to judge it accurately. Half of my brain says it's no good, but the other half enjoys it anyway. It's slow paced and kinda boring, but the atmosphere it creates overpowers it weaknesses. The moody score is omnipresent and I think it hypnotizes me.

"What the hell made you think you could handle Jessie? I bet you used to bring her home flowers."
"No, you don't have to do that when you're living in the jungle. You just take her outside and show her what tree you're going to do it under tonight. Hell, we had lots of trees."

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: