Thursday, July 26, 2007

Film: Team America: World Police (2004)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


"Great job, team. Head back to base for debriefing and cocktails."

Review: Hilarious movie that satirizes action movies and both sides of the "War on Terror" debate. The puppeteering in this film is very impressive. It is amazing the little acting nuances the filmmakers achieved with the different characters.

"Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money."

"I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: