Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TV: Saturday Night Live - The Best of Will Ferrell, Vol. 2

DVD: 1 Disc
Saturday Night Live - The Best of Will Ferrell - Volume 2

"And don't forget France. The French don't like me saying Axis of Evil. So guess what, they're now part of the very same Axis of Evil that they don't like me saying. How do you like them apples, France? Next time you keep your mouth shut. You mess with Texas and it's straight to the Axis of Evil. Got it?"

Review: This is a good mix of very funny Will Ferrell skits with a few average ones thrown in to pad it out. The extra never-before-seen skits are quite funny as well as the included interviews with Conan O'Brien.

"That evening, Virginia and I made love so powerful methinks I heard the god, Zeus, chuckling from on high."
"And I was there."
"Do you mean?"
"Bingo! We did a three-way."
"Now mind you, Catherine, this was looong time ago."
"Yes, yes, this was a year and a half ago."
"Gross!"

"Just work here. Take some time to weigh the Pros and Cons. Pros - You'll be working for a slightly above-average in-flight magazine for 22,000 a year. Cons - Me kicking you till there's blood in your stool, then grabbing your wife's boobies while you're tied up with a racquetball shoved in your mouth. Now balance it out and just think about it."
"I am, I just don't think I want to work here."
"Fair enough, ordinarily I'd whip your nuts with a car antenna for that kind of attitude, but you thought about it and you don't want to work here."

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong number. No, there's no 'Mark' here. My name? It's Mark. No... I spell it with a C. Who put you up to this? What do you mean you're my 'wife'? O-kay... if you're my 'wife', what's our cat's name? Mr. Stitches... Damn, you're good!"

"You're not suggesting?"
"That's right, a Pose-Off."
"Very well then. A Pose-Off it is. Have at thee!!"
"I call this one, Sunday in the Park with my Appendectomy Scar."
"Here's a little something I call, One Ball for Sister Sarah."
"All right, okay! That's enough! Enough! I want both you out of here now and I never to see either one of you at this community college again."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: