Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Film: French Kiss (1995)

DVD: Anamorphic
French Kiss

"Do you believe in love? The kind that lasts forever?"
"I loved my mother."
"No, everyone loves their mother. Even people who say they hate their mothers love their mothers. My question is, one man for one woman?"
"It is not a very interesting question. It is the question of a little girl who still believes in fairy tales."

Review: This is a pleasant romantic comedy that resonates with me because Kevin Kline's character reminds me of my father in a way. I also saw it for the first time right after my first trip to Europe so it takes me back. The DVD transfer is pretty weak.

"Look, I just spent seven hours on an airplane crossing an ocean. I'm tired and I'm hungry and I just want to see my fiance. Now are you going to help me or not?"
"Madame, it is my duty as concierge to vigorously safeguard the privacy of our guests, and if our guests need safeguarding from their own fiancees, well after all, unlike some countries, France is not a nation of puritanical hypocrites."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: