Monday, April 21, 2008

TV: Saturday Night Live - The Best of Will Ferrell, Vol. 1

DVD: 1 Disc
Saturday Night Live - The Best of Will Ferrell

"Okay, wait. Wait! Stop! Um, Bruce, could you come in here for a second, please?"
"Certainly. That was gonna be a great track. Guys, what's the deal?"
"Are you sure that was sounding okay?"
"I'll be honest, fellas. It was sounding great, but I could of used a little more cowbell. So, let's take it again. And Gene..."
"Yeah?"
"Really explore the studio space this time."
"You got it, Bruce."
"I mean, really... explore the SPACE. I like what I'm hearing. Go with it."

Review: This is a very strong collection of Will Ferrell skits from Saturday Night Live. I liked the extras which included his audition to join the show. My only disappointment was the three chapters on the DVD which showed brief clips of skits instead of their full length versions.

"I've gone out and done the musical world a freakin service and cut this compact disc. It's called The Coconut Bangers Ball: It's a Rap. Ha, Ha, Ha. A little inside, I know. Anyway, what you get is one full hour of rip-roaring rap music. Not by some dubious ruffians without the chops, but by a professionally trained voiceman. No musical accompaniment. It's just me out there, Robert Goulet. Watch what I do with this little ditty from Mr. Sisqo called, The Thong Song."

"Hey, now Ken, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese."
"Yes, that's true, Harry."
"But what if it were made of BBQ spare ribs, would you eat it then?"
"What?"
"I know I would. Heck, I'd have seconds. And then polish it off with a tall, cool Budweiser... I would do it. Would you?"
"I... I... I'm confused."
"It's a simple question, Doctor. Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?"
"I don't know how to answer that question."
"It's not rocket science. Just say yes and we'll move on."

"Nothing pleases me more than seeing two new lovers take off into the night mist."
"Yes, Lover, I think there is only one reward for the job we've done."
"Let the screams of our love-making reverberate off the roof of the Welshly Arms and into the night sky."
"Oh, Lover. Oh, Lover."
"Ow, Ow! My back!"
"What? Your back? I thought the water might help..."
"Well, it doesn't. GET THE HELL OFF ME!"

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: