Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Film: See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)

DVD: Anamorphic
See No Evil, Hear No Evil

"You know what? I'm getting tired of this deaf shit. You mean to tell me you can't hear anything I say, even if I scream in your ear?"
"It seems crazy, after all these years, but I've never done that. I would like you to. Go ahead. Let's give it a try."
"I want you to HEAR ME. OKAY! SHAZAAM! CAN YOU HEAR ME?"
"Oh, WALLY. JESUS! I HEARD SOMETHING! I heard your voice!"
"Holy! You can hear me, Dave!"
"What?"
"You can hear me?!"
"NO, SCHMUCK! I'M DEAF! NOW DO YOU GET IT?"

Review: The plot in this movie of a deaf man and a blind man accused of murder they didn't commit is mostly used as a vehicle for Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder to joke with each other as they flee the cops and track down the real killers. They have great chemistry together and it makes for good laughs all through the film.

"Wait a second. Don't we get a last request?"
"What would you like?"
"Would you scratch my nose for me? Thank you."
"Mr. Carew, what would you like?"
"I suppose a fuck is out of the question."
"I'm afraid so."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: