Monday, November 19, 2007

TV: The Simpsons - 9th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
The Simpsons - The Complete Ninth Season

"Keep looking shocked and move slowly towards the cake."

Review: The last great season. "The Cartridge Family", "Lisa the Skeptic", "Bart Carny", "Bart Star" & "Trash of the Titans" were some of the best episodes of the season.

"He lied about his name."
"His name doesn't matter. A Rose by any Other Name would Smell as Sweet."
"Not if you called them Stench Blossoms."
"Or Crap Weeds."
"I would sure not like to get a dozen Crap Weeds for Valentine's Day. I would rather have candy."
"Not if they were called Scum Drops."

"Oh my God! Every one's gone! Lil' Bart, Lil' Lisa, Lil' Marge... and the rest."

"Whoa, careful there, Annie Oakley."
"I don't need to be careful. I got a gun."
"Well, you'll probably want the accessory kit, the holster..."
"Oh, yeah."
"Bandoleer..."
"Oh, baby."
"Silencer..."
"Mmmm."
"Loudener..."
"Aaaah."
"Speed Cocker..."
"Ooooo, I like the sound of that."
"And this is for shooting down police helicopters."
"Oh, I don't need anything like that... yet."

"Good practice team. Okay, it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job, the cuts. Now while I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut allot of you. Wendel is cut. Rudy is cut. Annie, you're gone. Steven, I like your hustle. That's why it's so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team... except you, you and you."

"I'm feeling kinda low, Apu. Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau?"
"Such a product does not exist, Sir. I think you must have dreamed it."
"Oh, well then just get me a six-pack and a couple bags of Skittles."

"Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true. Facts, Shmacks!"

"Ow! My heart!"

"Daddy, what do taxes pay for?"
"Why everything, policemen, trees, sunshine, and let's not forget the folks who just don't feel like working, God Bless Them."

"I'm Sir Loves-A-Lot, the Bear who Loves to Love."
"They didn't have Lord Huggington?"
"It's the same basic bear, Homie."
"I guess."

"Hey everybody! Vote for my dad, Homer Simpson. If you don't, he'll beat us."
"WHY YOU LITTLE... No one's going to beat you, son...... You're going to get such a beating."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: