Monday, November 19, 2007

TV: The Simpsons - 6th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
The Simpsons - The Complete Sixth Season

"All right, we're here. Let us never speak of the shortcut again."

Review: Another great season with episodes like "Homer the Great", "Bart's Comet" & "Homie the Clown".

"Look at all this great stuff, Lisa. Cooool, personalized plates. Barclay, Barry, Bert, BORT! Ah, C'mon. Bort??"
"Mommy, Mommy, buy me a license plate!"
"No, come along, Bort!"
"Were you talking to me?"
"No, my son is also named Bort."

"Attention, Marge Simpson! Your son has been arrested."
"I would be terribly embarrassed if I was that boy's mother."
"Attention, Marge Simpson! We have also arrested your older, balder, fatter son."

"I can't believe it, Bart, I always thought Jessica was so sweet."
"She's like a Milk Dud, Lisa, sweet on the outside, poison on the inside."

"Lisa, if the bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such."

"No offense, Homer, but your half-assed underparenting was alot more fun than your half-assed overparenting."
"But I'm using my whole ass."

"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"

"Now, to the top of Mount Springfield for the Coronation. Remove the Stone of Shame..."
"Woo-hoo!"
"...Attach the Stone of Triumph!"
"Ooooh!"

"With our utter annihilation eminent, our federal Government has snapped into action. We go live now via satellite to the floor of the United States Congress."
"...then it is unanimous, we are going to approve the bill to evacuate the town of Springfield in the great state of..."
"Wait a second, I want to tack on a rider to that bill. 30 million dollars of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts."
"All in favor of the amended Springfield/Pervert Bill?"
"Boooooooo!"
"Bill defeated."

"When will you Australians learn? In America, we stopped using corporal punishment, and things have never been better. The streets are safe. Old people strut confidently in the darkest alleys. And the weak and nerdy are admired for their computer-programming abilities. So, like us, let your children run wild and free! Because, as the old saying goes, 'let your children run wild and free'."

"Try to be nice to my sisters, Homer. It is very hard on me to have you fighting all the time."
"Ooh, okay, Marge. I will get along with them, then I will hug some snakes. Yes, I will hug and kiss some poisonous SNAKES. Now that's sarcasm."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: