Wednesday, August 08, 2007

TV: NewsRadio - 1st & 2nd Seasons

DVD: 3 Discs
NewsRadio - The Complete First & Second Seasons

"This is Bill McNeill...on crack...I like..boys.."

"Don't confuse me with the facts."

Review: This is one of my favorite sitcoms ever. Phil Hartman was a genius and all the other characters worked so well together. I still remember the day Phil died. The show was still good the last season after he was gone, but the hole was just too big to fill. The chemistry was great between the Dave and Lisa characters and was the first thing that sold me on the show.

"You got what you wanted from Dave, right? And then you snapped your legs shut like a well-oiled bear trap."

"Hey Bill, I'm your friend."
"Oh yeah? Where were you last night at 3 A.M. when I was watching Steel Magnolias and crying my eyes out?"

"You see, it's like the old saying, "Everybody loves a cane."
"No, Bill. I think the old saying is "Everybody loves a clown." Which is what you look like with that thing."

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true, then... I still don't care."

"I really hate to say this, but it is the thought that counts."
"Yeah, and these are the result of a really cheap, crappy thought."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: