Wednesday, August 08, 2007

TV: NewsRadio - 4th Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Newsradio - The Complete Fourth Season

"Glorious sunset of my heart was fading, soon the super karate monkey death car was parked in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match."

Review: This is the last season of the show with Phil Hartman. There were allot of great episodes, starting with "Jumper" and ending with "Sinking Ship", the funny Titanic parody. The two part episode where both Dave & Lisa compete to avoid being the boss of the station was genius.

"I'm not selfish and self-centered, am I?"
"I think you should keep in mind that you're asking an ex-boyfriend."
"No, I'm not. I'm asking an employee. "
"Well, then no."

"Lisa sets a fine example. Just because we don't all follow her example and sleep with Dave... I'm just horsing around."
"Maybe you could limit your horsing around to your news broadcast."
"Whoa! Is it getting chilly in here or are you wearing an anatomically correct bra?"
"I heard that and that is going in my report."
"Mine too."

"I have so many lawyers standing in line to sue me now, you'd think I have tobacco leaking out of my breast implants."

"Why did we go to Hawaii together?"
"That was a dream."
"Oh... Noooo, I'm pretty sure we went to Hawaii together."
"How was it?"
"Not that fun."
"I'm sorry."

"Members of the United States Senate, I stand before you today and say, I refuse to be censored. I refuse to let my gaping maw be shut. And to prove I do not stand here alone, I'd like to read a brief letter from the President. Dear Bill, I know these are trying times for you but I want you to remember one thing. Don't let those fat bastards in the Senate get you down."

"I promised I would try to get his job back."
"So what, I promised I'd personally take him with me on the space shuttle. Promises are made to be broken."
"Well not my promises. Matthew gave me his trust."
"And he gave me a $100 deposit on a space suit rental. Doesn't mean anything."

"Dude, that was a little harsh."
"What, so you want a piece of me? Is that it?"
"No... Not at all."
"Good."
-----
"I always knew she'd ask me that someday. I just didn't think it would be in that tone."

"Dave, there comes a time in every friendship where you have to say, 'I never liked you. Get lost!' And now that time has come."

"Oh God, Beth, he's crying."
"Big Whoop. I make men cry all the time."
"Yes, but this isn't closing time at T.G.I. Friday's. I shouldn't be yelling at him like that."

"This job, this job, I didn't know it was going to be so..."
"Bill-intensive?"
"No, no."
"Bill-centric?"
"No."
"Bill-icious? Bill-esque?"
"No. It's like... Bill-bastic!"
"I don't follow."
"DAVE, he's driving me CRAZY!"

"So you won't... even be boss again for me?"
"You're not even my girlfriend anymore."
"Well, what if I still wasn't your girlfriend, but I slept with you."
"Hmmm? Nah... But that's just because I've had you."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: