Monday, January 30, 2012

Film: Money Train (1995)

Blu-Ray


Review: This is a perfect little action film. It's got the amazing chemistry between Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson, Jennifer Lopez at her most attractive, and a great loathsome villain in their overbearing boss, Robert Blake. The heist plot to steal from the New York Subway's revenue train is a simple but effective framework for the fun performances, including a small role for Chris Cooper as the Torch.

Quotes:
"You're stopping trains. I wanna know why."
"We got a police action, sir. Six line, south of Wall Street. Decoy cops in the tunnel."
"Where is the revenue train?"
"We're holding it at Wall Street."
"Send it though."
"Sir, we got cops on the tracks down there."
"Send it through! Nothing stops the money train."

"You got any cash on you?"
"What for?"
"Well, if you must know, I'm buying you a Christmas present."
"You're gonna buy me a Christmas present with my money?"
"Yeah, so don't be stingy."
"You know, you never cease to amaze me."
"You don't have to count it. I trust you, man. I'm out, see ya."
"So you're really gonna buy me a present, huh?"
"I love you, man!"
"If you love me, let me keep my money."

"No, you ain't gonna hit him."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm gonna hit him!"

"You do much decoy?"
"Six months in the outer boroughs. I liked it. But this transfer's definitely a lucky break. And they say you guys are the best."
"Oh, well, modesty prevents me from... Well, no, it does not. We are the best. You see the way he's swaying back and forth. He's got his arm swinging, you know, like he wants to take a whiz but he forgot how? He got that from me."

"You're right on the edge. You're a wreck looking for someplace to happen. I'll be there, and I'll fuck you dead."
---------
"Do you think he wants to fuck us before we're dead or fuck us afterwards?
"I understood that when we're dead, that's when he wants to fuck us."
"Either way, it's a pain in the ass."

"Hey Charlie, come back to Earth, man. All right, just... just calm down. Come on. Come on, now."
"What are you talking about?"
"Look, look. Charles, we're not gonna rob the money train."
"Why not?"
"Because, uh, uh... we're cops. And you know, remember: Serve, protect, break a mugger's neck, all of that. That's our credo."

"Hey, don't turn your back on me, bro!"
"Whoa, whoa. Now, we're not brothers, all right? We don't think alike, we don't act alike, and we damn sure don't look alike. Ever since we were kids, I've been carrying you on my back. I wipe your fucking nose, I clean up your messes. And now I'm gonna give up my badge... and my career for YOU? No, no. This is shaking time. You can get the fuck out of my life."

"Oh, now's your chance to turn me in and get a medal."
"Or you can get this damn train moving and get us the hell out of here."
"Thought you'd never ask."
"Charlie, when this is over with, remind me to knock you out."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: