Sunday, January 18, 2009

Film: Almost Famous (2000)

DVD: Anamorphic
Almost Famous

"I really love your band. I think the song 'Fever Dog' is a big step forward for you guys. I think you guys producing it yourselves, instead of Glyn Johns, was the right thing to do. And the guitar sound... is incendiary. Incendiary. Way to go."
"Well, don't stop there!"
"Yeah, come back here! I'm incendiary too, man!"

Review: A great road trip movie about a young writer on tour with an up-and-coming rock band in the early 70s. He tries to keep his professional distance, but is pulled into the band's conflicts as he becomes their friend and falls in love with one of the band's followers.

"I can't say anymore with the writer here."
"No, no, no. You can trust him, you can say whatever you want."
"I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off... Actually, THAT you can print!"

"Oh man, you made friends with 'em. See, friendship is the booze they feed you. They want you to get drunk on feeling like you belong."
"Well, it was fun."
"Because they make you feel cool, and hey, I met you. You are NOT cool."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: