Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Film: Beowulf (2007)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Beowulf (Unrated Director's Cut)

"I am Beowulf and I'm here to kill your monster."

Review: This was my first 3D movie where the effect really impressed me and felt like a game-changing experience. The story was simple and effective, but the immersion of the 3D gave the movie a whole new dimension, literally. Beowulf's battle with the dragon near the end was mind-blowing. I hope the dragon, Smaug, in the upcoming Hobbit movie is this good.

"How many monsters must I slay? Grendel's mother, father, Grendel's uncle? Must I hack down a whole family tree of demons?"
"She is the last of them. With her gone, demonkind will slip back into the darkness from whence it came."

"The time of heroes is dead. The christ god has killed it, leaving nothing but weeping martyrs and fear and shame."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: