Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Film: Jack Reacher (2012)

Blu-Ray


Review: Another Tom Cruise film with him at his most Cruisiest, the ultra-competent man who saves the day. This time he plays an ex-Army cop who arrives in Pittsburgh to find the truth behind a sniper attack by a former suspect of his. Robert Duvall brings a welcome dose of humor in his first reunion with Cruise since "Days of Thunder".

Quotes:
"There are four types of people who join the military. For some, it's a family trade. Others are patriots, eager to serve. Next, you have those who just need a job. Then there's the kind who want a legal means of killing other people. James Barr was one of those."

"So you were some real hot shit in the Army, huh?"
"I did all right."
"So what does an Army cop do mostly? Break up bar fights?"
"I did what you do pretty much, with one minor difference."
"What's that?"
"Every suspect was a trained killer."

"He called me a whore."
"Is that true?"
"Well, nobody said whore. She inferred hooker, but I meant slut."
"Hey, that's our sister."
"Is she a good kisser?"

"I was in prison in Siberia. I spent my first winter wearing a dead man's coat. A hole in one pocket. I chewed these fingers off before the frostbite could turn to gangrene. These I gave up to avoid working in the sulfur mine. That is how I survived when so many others did not. A man this rare can always be of use. So show me. Show me you are rare. Show me you'll do anything to survive."
"I don't understand."
"The fingers from your left hand."
"Have you... have you got a knife?"
"Did I have a knife in Siberia?"

"Got a car?"
"It's outside."
"Keys."
"My hand, man. They're in my pock... AAAHH! Okay, okay."
"Now look at your friends. Now look at my face. Do you ever want to see me again?"
"No way."
"Am I stealing your car?"
"Use it as looong as you like."

"Helen, are you hurt?"
"Well, she's gonna be if you're not here in one hour. Do I have to tell you how this works?"
"You'll bounce me around to make sure I'm not followed, then walk me into an ambush and kill me."
"Aw, you ruined my surprise."
"Well, I can do one better. I went down to the gun range at Hinge Creek. I got the picture, prints and I'm going to the Feds. The lawyers all yours."

"On second thought, I'd like to kill you. Let's say winner take all."
"Listen to me, you prick. I will kill this bitch if you're not here in one..."
"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. I'm a drifter with nothing to lose. You killed that girl to put me in the frame. I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot. Now, this is how it's going to work. You're gonna give me the address and I'll be along when I am damn good and ready. If she doesn't answer the phone when I call this number, if I even think you've hurt her, I disappear. And if you're smart, that scares you, because I'm in your blind spot and I have nothing better to do."
"You got a pen?"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: