Sunday, July 27, 2008

Film: Kill Bill, Volume 1 (2003)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Kill Bill - Volume One

"It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting."

Review: This is Quentin Tarantino's action film and he does a great job in Part 1. It is a very simple story of revenge, but the film has a complex style to it as it mixes themes from Italian Westerns, Japanese Samurai & Chinese Kung Fu movies of the past. The first fight scene is amazing and the animation sequence is really unique.

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut."

"Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: