Sunday, July 13, 2008

Film: Event Horizon (1997)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Event Horizon (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition)

"What was made public about the 'Event Horizon' - that she was a deep space research vessel, that her reactor went critical, and that the ship blew up - none of that is true. The 'Event Horizon' is the culmination of a secret government project to create a spacecraft capable of faster-than-light flight."

Review: This is a very effective horror movie in space. The set design is outstanding and really helps create the mood. The movie is about a rescue crew sent to help recover any survivors from a spaceship that has reappeared orbiting Neptune after being missing for 7 years.

"Have you ever seen fire in zero gravity? It's beautiful. It's like liquid, it... slides all over everything. Comes up in waves. And they just kept hitting him, wave after wave. He was screaming for me to save him."
"What did you do?"
"I did the only thing I could. I closed the lifeboat hatch, and I left him behind. I swore I'd never lose another man."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: