Sunday, May 25, 2008

Film: 48 Hrs. (1982) / Another 48 Hrs. (1990)

DVD: Anamorphic
48 HRS. / Another 48 HRS.

"You said bullshit and experience is all it takes, right?"
"Right."
"Come on in and experience some of my bullshit."

Review: (48 Hrs.) A great buddy cop movie with a twist. Eddie Murphy is great as the convict that a loner cop, Nick Nolte, gets out of prison for 48 hours to help him catch a killer on the lam. Watching the relationship grow between the two (highlighted by their fistfight) from disdain to grudging respect is the best part of the film.

"Get this, man. We ain't brothers, we ain't partners, and we ain't friends. Now, if Gaintz gets away with my money, you're gonna be sorry you ever met me."
"I'm already sorry."

"The building opens up at 7:00. Wake me up at a quarter to. I'll be back here asleep."
"Shit!"
"Jack... Tell me a story."
"Fuck you!"
"Oh, that's one of my favorites."

"Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got on a 500-dollar suit and you're still a low-life."
"Yeah, but I look good."

Review: (Another 48 Hrs.) A decent sequel. Well-done, but just covering the same ground as the first film without bringing anything new to the table.

"When you've been in prison as long as I have, you remember every story about pussy you ever heard."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: