Monday, May 12, 2008

TV: Scrubs - 1st Season (2001)

DVD: 3 Discs


Review: A comedic take on a medical show based around a group of first year interns working at a hospital and the main character, J.D., who has a wild imagination.

Quotes:
"And like that, I was back in high school. Surgical interns are all slice 'em and dice 'em. They're the jocks. Medical interns, we're trained to think about the body. Diagnose, test. Medical interns, well... we're the chess club."

"Write this down, newbie. If you push around a stiff, nobody'll ask you to do anything."

"I'm waiting for someone."
"The door is broke. Probably the fifth time or so it don't open."
"Maybe there's a penny stuck in there."
"Why a penny?"
"I don't know."
"Did you stick a penny in it?"
"No, I was making small talk."
"If I find a penny in there... I'm taking you down."

"It turns out we can't save people from themselves. We just treat 'em and when he comes back with cancer, go ahead and treat that, too. Smokers, drinkers, druggies, fatties, whatever. All I'm saying is if you keep living and dying on whether or not a person changes, well, you're not going to make it as a doctor, that's all."

"How's it going?"
"I'm 37 years old and I'm a janitor. How do you think it's going?"
"Now there is nothing wrong with being a janitor."
"Really? Thank you. You've turned my life around. I have to go tell my janitor wife and all my janitor kids that life is worth living. And that comes straight from our hero, Dr. Whozits, Dr. Nothing. No, seriously, come on. You can come over to my humble house and point out things that are cheap."

"I have magic breasts."

I'm very proud of you, Dr... uh... Dr. Turk!"
"Oh, this is my roommate's badge, so we must have switched them this morning when we..."
"That's a great anecdote, you should write that down in your journal so your kids can read it when you're dead."

"Since I cut you loose, it's been one big party."
"In the next five seconds, name one place, other than the hospital and your apartment, that you've been to in the last month. Five... four... three... two..."
"My car... on the way to the... big party."

"Doctor Cox! I pulled all the x-rays you asked for, so I am yours for the night. Do whatever you want with me. Oh my God, that totally came out wrong I just meant I want you to use me and I don't care how degrading it is."
"What?"
"No, no, no, it's just that I know that you like torturing people and I am totally up for that. I just want to make you happy."

"Bravo, just a big bravo! Heaven help me, I love newbie theatre! Honest, I do! It's the way you both play your parts, with such wonderful commitment, that almost had me believing that you aren't having whiny, neurotic, extremely pale sex with each other."

"Why hasn't he asked me out? I mean, he knows I'm single, I've mentioned, like, five movies that I want to see, I even keep dropping things so that when I pick them up he can see how flexible I am!"

"Who gets to tell us the symptoms of Menier's Disease? Dr. Murphy!"
"Can you use it in a sentence?"

"I just wanna know... if I can buy you dinner."
"That'd be terrific."
"Great! I'm off in, like, a half hour."
"Oh, no. Here, I was led to believe that you were doing a gift certificate kind of thing. But, to sit and eat... with you, that's just... that's crazy talk!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: