Sunday, June 01, 2008

Film: Starship Troopers (1997)

DVD: Anamorphic
Starship Troopers

"Join the Mobile Infantry and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees citizenship."

Review: First off, Starship Troopers was the first science fiction book I ever read and one of my favorites. The movie is a pretty good version of the book but made with an added twist of satire. It carries a different message, but it is good in it's own right.

I understand the special effects of the time were not yet capable, but I am still looking for an eventual remake with the Mobile Infantry using the powerful Armored Battle suits of the book. Imagine a movie where every soldier fights the Bugs wearing a suit built just like Iron Man's.

"These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks."
"Rico's Roughnecks!!!"

"Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?"

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: