Monday, October 29, 2007

Film: Midnight Run (1988)

DVD: Anamorphic
Midnight Run

"I suffer from aviaphobia."
"What does that mean?"
"It means I can't fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia."
"I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from fistophobia."

Review: I can never get enough of road movies and this is a great one. Charles Grodin constantly annoying Robert DeNiro as they cross the country is gold. Lots of cigarettes smoked and profanity spewed.

"I never took a payoff in my life and I'm not gonna start with someone like you."
"Why not?"
"Because you're a fucking criminal and you deserve to go where you're going and I'm gonna take you there and if hear any more shit outta you: I'm gonna fucking bust your head and I'll put you back in that fucking hole and I'm gonna stick your head in the fucking toilet bowl and I'm gonna make it stay there."

"You have two emotions, silence and rage."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: