Sunday, September 16, 2007

Film: Heathers (1989)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Heathers - 20th High School Reunion Edition

"Does it not bother you that everybody in this school thinks that you're a piranha?"
"Like I give a shit. They all want me as a friend or a fuck. I'm worshipped at Westerburg and I'm only a junior."

Review: I didn't like this the first time I saw it because I was expecting a different type of movie but this is an excellent black comedy. There is great dialogue and the satire is biting. JD's twisted relationship with his father and the cow-tipping scenes are great.

"Ok, now I rarely listen to Neanderthals like Kurt Kelly, but he said that he and Ram had a nice little sword fight in your mouth last night."
"Ew! That son of a bitch."

"My son's a homosexual, and I love him. I love my dead gay son."
"Wonder how he'd react if his son had a limp wrist with a pulse."

"You think you're a rebel? Do you actually think you're a rebel? You're not a rebel. You're a fucking psychotic!"
"You say Tomato. I say Tomatoe."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: