Monday, September 24, 2007

TV: Seinfeld - 8th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Seinfeld - Season 8

"I tell ya, Jerry. I'm feeling something, something I haven't felt for a long time."
"Pride?"
"No. Autonomy, complete and total autonomy."

Review: This is the first season without Larry David writing scripts, but the show is still very funny. There is a drop in quality after the great season 7, but not too bad. There allot of classic episodes from this season as Elaine takes over the clothing company in Peterman's absence and George starts volunteering at the Foundation set up after his fiance's death.

"I can't spend the rest of my life coming into this stinking apartment every ten minutes to pore over the excruciating minutiae of every single daily event."
"Why not? Like, yesterday, I went to the bank to make a deposit and the teller gives me this look like..."
"I'll see you later, man, I gotta go."
"The whole system is breaking DOWN."

"Interesting. She doesn't care for you. Then a stern warning. Suddenly a phone call. Seems Elaine's made you the bad boy. And Anna digs the bad boy."
"I'm the bad boy. I've never been the bad boy."
"You've been the bad employee, the bad son, the bad friend."
"Yes. Yes, yes."
"The bad fiance, bad dinner guest, the bad credit risk."
"Okay, the point is made."
"The bad date, the bad sport, the bad citizen... The bad tipper."

"It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife, the only friend who hasn't betrayed you. The only friend who won't be dead by sun-up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted chambray nightshirts."

"I'm going out with her tomorrow. She had some errands to run."
"That's a date?"
"What's the difference? You know the way I work. I'm like a commercial jingle. First, it's a little irritating. The you hear it a few times. You hum it in the shower. By the third date, it's 'BY MENNEN'."

"He shaves his head. I think it's pretty gutsy."
"Listen, sweetheart, let me tell you a little something about guts. THIS is guts."
"What? Clinging to some scraps?"
"These are not scraps. These are historic remains of a once-great society of hair."

"Hey George. The ocean just called, they're running out of shrimp."

"I have Benes' wonderfully imaginative mind to spin my stories. You take back your tales, you vagabond... There you are, Elaine. Go forth and create. And by the way, when you get to that chapter about my romantic escapades, feel free to toss yourself into the mix."

"Tell me your sins, my son."
"Oh, well, I should mention that I'm Jewish."
"Oh, that's no sin."
"Oh, good."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: