Monday, September 24, 2007

TV: Seinfeld - 1st & 2nd Seasons

DVD: 4 Discs
Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2

"Jerry, what gives you pleasure?"
"Listening to you. I come in here, I listen to you, I feel better. Your misery is my pleasure."

Review: Seasons 1 & 2 are different from the rest of the seasons, not worse but different. It is much slower paced and you can see that the writers and actors are still trying to find themselves, especially Kramer. I enjoyed watching Seinfeld from the beginning on TV and like revisiting these early episodes

"You know I've been thinking. I can not envision any circumstance in which I will ever have the opportunity to have sex again. How's it gonna happen...? I, I just don't see how it will occur."

"I don't know what it is about that mirror in that bathroom. I love the way I look in it... I feel like Robert Wagner."

"Well, you got insurance, right?"
"No."
"Well, why not?"
"Because I spent the money on the Clapco D-29, the state of the art in home security. It does have one design flaw; the door... MUST BE CLOSED."

"She invites me up at 12:00 at night for coffee. And I don't go up... 'No, thank you. I don't want coffee. It keeps me up. Too late for me to drink coffee.' I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live."

"What is the point of all this?"
"Revenge."
"Oh, the best revenge is living well."
"There's no chance of that."

"Spending the night: Optional."
"Nah, you see? You got greedy."
"No, that's the rule. It's optional."
"I know less about woman... than anyone in the world. But the one thing I do know is, they are not happy if you don't spend the night. It could be a hot, sweaty room with no air conditioning and all they have is a little Army cot this wide. You're not going anywhere."
"I think you're wrong."
"I hope I am."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: