Sunday, October 24, 2010

Film: Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Blu-Ray
Beauty and the Beast (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in DVD Packaging)

Review: I haven't seen this in almost twenty years. I enjoyed the songs and animation, but the love story between Belle and the Beast feels rushed. I wish they could have spent more time developing the growing attraction between them. The villain, Gaston, is great.

Quotes:
"So, you've come to stare at the BEAST, have you?"

"This is the day your dreams come true."
"What do you know about my dreams, Gaston?"
"Plenty! Here, picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. We'll have six or seven."
"Dogs?"
"No, Belle! Strapping boys, like me!"

"You'll come out, or I'll-I'll-I'll break down the door!"
"Master, I could be wrong, but that might not be the best way to win the girl's affections."
"Please. Attempt to be a gentlemen."
"But, she's being so DIFFICULT!"

"Aaargh! That hurts!"
"If you'd hold still, it wouldn't hurt as much!"
"Well if you hadn't have run away, this wouldn't have happened."
"If you hadn't frightened me, I wouldn't have run away!"

"She's as crazy as the old man. The beast will make off with your children. He will come after them in the night. We are not safe until his head is mounted on my wall. I say we kill the BEAST!"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: