Saturday, January 05, 2013

Film: Jumper (2008)

Blu-Ray


Review: Another great film from Doug Liman who directed the 'Bourne Identity'. While Hayden Christensen is not a great actor, he is able to pull off the smugness required of a young thief who has the power to teleport himself anywhere with just a thought. Samuel L. Jackson plays the agent of a secret organization tasked with tracking him down while Jamie Bell plays a more experienced Jumper who has managed to survive the Paladins' hunt and take the fight back to them. I wish this had done better at the box office because I would have liked to see the sequels that Liman had planned. His visual skill in showing off the jumpers ability to teleport around the world was exhilarating.

Quotes:
"What I'd like to know is how you rob a bank without opening any doors."

"Only God should have this power."

"You speak Italian?"
"No."
"Well, uh, l'ingresso means 'Come on in'."
"Oh, I thought it meant 'bullshit'."

"Who are these people?"
"Paladins. Paladins kill Jumpers, I kill Paladins. Class dismissed."

"I just came through your jump scar."
"What do you think you're doing here? Huh? If I were you, I'd jump back. You're not supposed to see all this stuff. Get out! So if you'd like to kindly fuck off, as in now."

"Why are you walking?"
"I like to walk for a change. Makes me feel normal."

"You can't just keep following me."
"Actually, I'm the only one who CAN keep following you."

"Where'd the Paladin go?"
"Swimming."
"Pacific?"
"No, Actually, Atlantic. Nice little shark pit round Cuba."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: